The successful candidate will be an energetic self-starter ready for the opportunity to advance Spark Network’s platforms.
- Oversee design, development, and maintenance of the software supporting product features for multiple Spark Networks businesses.
- Develop technical specifications and project plans working closely with technology, product, and business leadership.
- Create and maintain relevant technical documentation.
- Execute within, and help manage, the company’s software development lifecycle.
- Assist in the configuration and support of development and production web, application, and database environments.
- Oversee and own several projects.
- Identify new technologies which will enhance our internal and customer-facing services and our development-related processes.
- 5+ years of practical experience in the development of commercial-grade web-based software applications using C# and ASP.Net.
- Exceptional understanding of the .NET Framework.
- Very solid development experience with the presentation and middle tiers of a three-tier architecture.
- Experience with the implementation and support of SQL Server databases.
- Experience developing services within a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience in software lifecycles, software configuration management, and change control.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines.
- Consistent record of success working with product and business managers.
- Proven ability to deliver results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or a related field.
- Experience with Scrum and agile development frameworks.
- Strong web front-end experience including CSS.
- Experience with web content management.
- Good understanding of SQL Server and database interaction.
- Experience in debugging and problem-solving complex systems.
- Experience with a variety of programming languages (including VB.Net) and databases.
We’re an equal opportunity employer with a comprehensive employment package that includes competitive salaries, medical benefits, a 401k program, and a flex spending account. If you think your particular skills and experience would add to our team, we’d love to hear from you.
To Applyupload your resume
or send resume to Spark4Hire@spark.net Be sure to include the job description in the subject line.
Send resumes via mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources
11150 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 600
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Spark Networks is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.