We are in search of a true leader who can provide vision as well as executional excellence. With over 10 million registered users, the Gospel Media group represents one of the largest distinct audiences in the Christian market. There is tremendous opportunity to grow these properties across all platforms.
The Managing Editor will supervise an Editorial and Social media team, and be responsible for overseeing all consumer touch points including; Desktop, Mobile, e-mail and more. This role will liaison closely with a variety of key stakeholders, including Product Management Public Relations, Sales and external Marketing.
Characteristics of the ideal person for this job:
- A forward-thinking Content Manager who is on the cutting edge of new forms of content development and distribution.
- An inspirational leader, who can rally the team around a defined vision and concrete plan for success.
- An exceptional communicator -both in written and verbal form.
- An individual who possesses stellar organizational skills and has the ability to multi-task and keep things moving at a face pace.
- Someone with the ability to translate analytical insights into meaningful action for the team,
- A person with passion for business growth, as evidenced in revenue growth, numbers of page views, visitors, fans, and shares.
- A strong collaborator who can work productively with Senior Management, solving problems and creating new opportunities.
- Rock solid integrity, personal pride in following through on all commitments
- Lead all content, social media and cross-marketing efforts across the Gospel Media Group.
- Manage Editorial and Social Media teams.
- Serve as the company thought-leader on content creation, sharing and user consumption
- Manage to specific revenue and site metric objectives.
- Write, edit and curate content as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in digital content
- 4+ years managing content teams
- Specific experience in Christian audience development desired
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Significant Social Media experience
- Good working knowledge of CMS
- Experience managing products that focus on to: Lifestyle, Family, and Current events
To Applyupload your resume
or send resume to Spark4Hire@spark.net Be sure to include the job description in the subject line.
Send resumes via mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources
11150 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 600
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Spark Networks is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.