We are currently looking for a Senior Database Developer with a well rounded skill set including extensive database development experience, performance & optimization and data warehouse design experience.
- Lead and participate in data modeling and other data initiatives addressing both new and existing systems.
- Work closely with developers to provide data services to existing and new applications (e.g., modify production data, create and optimize stored procedures, functions, views, etc).
- Integrate various external database systems and with numerous other databases using linked servers, DTS, and SSIS packages.
- Create complex reports using SQL Server Reporting and Analysis Services.
- Willing to provide 24/7 support for a complex SQL Server Production environment involving multiple Database Server Environment including (SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, MySQL).
- ETL (extract, transform and load) design, development and support for moving large data volumes from various sources into the various destinations after significant cleansing, transformation and processing.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005. Experience with SQL Server 2008 a plus.
- Experience with implementing, maintaining, scaling, tuning, and deploying SQL Server solutions.
- Extensive SQL Server performance tuning and troubleshooting experience. Experience with MySQL a plus.
- Experience with database backup and recovery. Experience with Disaster Recovery solutions (Log Shipping, Mirroring, Clustering, etc)
- Experience with Database Hardware troubleshooting ( SAN, Memory, CPU, Read / Writes, etc)
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services and Reporting Services a plus. Experience with MDX a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Great interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical Documentation skills. Keen attention to Detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
We’re an equal opportunity employer with a comprehensive employment package that includes competitive salaries, medical benefits, a 401k program, and flex spending accounts.
To Applyupload your resume
or send resume to Spark4Hire@spark.net Be sure to include the job description in the subject line.
Send resumes via mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources
11150 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 600
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Spark Networks is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.