The Accounting Supervisor for Spark Networks is responsible for overseeing the Company’s overall Sarbanes-Oxley effort as well as managing daily and monthly accounting activities.
The Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for monthly close procedures, maintaining accurate financial data, and providing accurate and timely reporting to the CFO and the Corporate Controller.
- Oversee the Company’s overall Sarbanes-Oxley effort and manage relationship with SOX compliance consulting firm and external auditors
- Work closely with SOX compliance consulting firm to ensure narratives, testing, and milestones are being completed in a timely manner
- Supervise the execution of the Company’s COSO 2013 implementation, which may include leading training sessions for process and control owners, as needed.
- Facilitate the month-end and year-end closing process
- Analyze transactions, and share in both the preparation and review of month-end journal entries
- Prepare balance sheet and general ledger account reconciliations
- Coordinate with external auditors and tax accountants to complete quarterly and year-end financial statements in a timely manner
- Ad hoc requests and special projects from CFO and Corporate Controller
- Provide solutions to improve departmental efficiencies
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years at public accounting firm or 5+ years accounting supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- SEC reporting and SOX experience
- Experience with a digital media and/or online subscription-based company
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong work ethic and comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently
- Self-motivated, organized, with ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think analytically
- Team player
- Fluent in Hebrew a major plus
To Applyupload your resume
or send resume to Spark4Hire@spark.net Be sure to include the job description in the subject line.
Send resumes via mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources
11150 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 600
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Spark Networks is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.