New Look and Features Make It Even Easier for Singles to Find Their Soul Mates
Beverly Hills, Calif., June 18, 2009 – JDate (www.JDate.com), the leading online network for Jewish singles, has rolled out a full site redesign to make it easier for JDaters® to connect with likeminded singles, provide more user-friendly navigation, and add brand new features and content to foster an even greater sense of Jewish community. Based on direct feedback from members, the new and improved JDate includes, among other things:
- A fresh, modern design;
- Redesigned profile pages, including mini-search results to allow easy navigation among potential matches;
- Industry-leading keyword search, which enables members to search by any term or phrase to find people who match their specific interests;
- Enhanced search filtering to allow Jewish singles to more easily find matches who share a similar level of religious observance;
- JBlog, a new blog catering to JDaters; and
- JDateTV, a new video section featuring JDate’s own Webisode reality series, JDating®.
“We are excited to offer the Jewish community some of the features they’ve asked for and deserve,” said Greg Liberman, President and Chief Operating Officer of Spark Networks®, JDate’s owner and operator. “The redesign and new content directly support our mission, which is to strengthen the Jewish community and ensure Jewish traditions continue for generations to come, by providing a one-stop destination for the Jewish community to interact and connect.”
JBlog is the first ever exclusive blog for JDate. JBlog contributors include JDaters from both coasts blogging about their single lives and dating experiences, as well as a certified therapist blogging her expert advice and analysis. Members have the opportunity to ask the expert questions and, in turn, receive professional answers. JBlog is also peppered with interesting JFacts, providing unique trivia and tidbits on Jewish popular culture. www.JDate.com/blog/
JDateTV is home to JDating, which follows eight JDaters on their journeys to find their soul mates. Viewers can visit the site at any time and enjoy an intimate and hysterical look at these daters’ experiences– bringing the search for love to JDate in a whole new way. The entire first season of JDating, which has been described as a When Harry Met Sally meets Sex and the City-inspired first person narrative, can be viewed at once or on an episode by episode basis at JDateTV. www.JDate.com/Applications/Video/VideoCenter.aspx
Other new key JDate content features include:
- A Jewish holiday calendar, where members can easily access important Jewish holiday dates, read descriptions of each of the holidays and find traditional Jewish holiday recipes http://static.jdate.com/microsites/jewishholidays/;
- A comprehensive synagogue directory, with congregations easily categorized by city and affiliation, for members of the Jewish community in search of a place of worship http://static.jdate.com/microsites/synagoguedirectory/default.asp
Need help understanding JDate’s new features? Ima’s Tip of the Week (Ima translates to mother in Hebrew), provides weekly insight into navigating and utilizing JDate’s tools.
With over 650,000 active members worldwide, JDate (www.JDate.com) is the leading online community for Jewish singles. JDate is owned and operated by Spark Networks, Inc (www.Spark.net), one of the world’s leading providers of online personals services. Spark Networks’ shares trade on the NYSE Amex under the symbol “LOV” (NYSE Amex: LOV). In addition to JDate,JDate.co.uk (www.JDate.co.uk), JDate.co.il (www.JDate.co.il) and JDate.fr(www.JDate.fr), the Spark Networks portfolio of consumer websites includes, among others, AmericanSingles®.com (www.AmericanSingles.com), BlackSingles.com® (www.BlackSingles.com), ChristianMingle®.com (www.ChristianMingle.com) and Facelink®.com (www.Facelink.com).