The largest and most trusted online community for Christian singles presents a summer guide filled with dates to remember
LOS ANGELES (June 23, 2014)—As the weather heats up, it is the perfect time for singles to get outside and connect with potential dates. ChristianMingle.com, the largest and most trusted online community for Christian singles, offers singles 10 unique first date ideas that are perfect for summertime.
“While we believe that online dating is a great way to meet other singles who share similar beliefs and values, we also want people to take their relationship offline to connect face-to-face,” said Ashley Reccord, community manager at ChristianMingle. “To make these relationships a success, our team encourages couples to engage in activities that will spark excitement and reveal each other’s personalities, which will help the relationship flourish.”
From hiking to mini-golf, first dates don’t have to be as mundane as dinner and a movie. ChristianMingle recommends trying any of its top 10 first date ideas:
- Pack a picnic for the park. During the summer months, packing up some food and heading outdoors for sun and fresh air in the park is the perfect casual setting to get to know someone and engage in conversation.
- Visit the aquarium. Singles can explore the wonders of the deep blue sea with their first date at a local aquarium. Visit some of the ocean’s sea life while getting to know a potential love interest for a first date to remember.
- Go to a museum. From art to artifacts, singles can tailor a first date experience to their particular interests with a museum date. Museums house great conversation starters with exhibitions showcasing everything from dinosaur fossils to renowned artwork, leaving no room for awkward silences.
- Explore the trails. Hike with a first date on a well-populated trail while getting a workout. This invigorating activity allows first date duos to explore their city while getting to know each other.
- Watch an outdoor movie screening. When summer rolls around, many major cities offer outdoor movie screenings at a minimal cost. Singles can pack up some of their favorite cinema snacks and take a date to see a classic movie under the stars.
- Play a round of mini-golf. Singles can show off their competitive edge with a game of mini-golf. Hitting golf balls at a first time meeting spurs playful interaction that will rid the day of any anxiety while also spending some time in the sun.
- Take a day cruise. For those living by the water, a day cruise can be the perfect summer activity for a first date. Take a potential date out for a relaxing cruise on open waters to soak up some sun—or time it to watch the sunset for a romantic touch!
- Check out the planetarium. Explore the universe and escape the heat from the comfort of an air-conditioned planetarium. The dome screen will take first daters on an exciting experience through space, providing plenty to talk about over dinner later.
- See an outdoor concert. Outdoor concerts are the perfect opportunity for a blend of music and conversation. The outdoor setting makes it easy to chat while still enjoying the sounds of summer. Plus, should first-time daters really click, an outdoor concert can even inspire some dancing!
- Try a cooking class. Singles can test their culinary skills together with a cooking class made for two. Learn new cooking techniques and try each other’s food concoctions on this tasty first date.
ChristianMingle (www.ChristianMingle.com) is the largest and most trusted online community for Christian singles. In addition, ChristianMingle is a part of Gospel Media Group®, a premier network of online Christian resources which is also comprised of Believe.com® (www.believe.com), an inspirational faith-based lifestyle destination designed to serve the Christian community and help Christians build and live the life God intended, Faith.com® (www.Faith.com), DailyBibleVerse.com®(www.DailyBibleVerse.com) and ChristianCards.net™ (www.ChristianCards.net).
Jennifer Regnier: 310-578-7050